Hello everyone! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday and for this week’s post we need to address the outrageous things we’ve done for the love of books. Let’s face it. Being a book blogger or an avid lover of books could place us in some silly situations and I’m here to share a couple with you! I think this has got to be my favorite Top Ten post ever. Gawd I’m so EXTRA LOL
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Without further ado, here is my list!
1. Pulled an All Nighter til 4AM – This was all because of one book – An Ember in the Ashes. As I mentioned in my review for this novel, it was so addicting. It was because the stakes were so high and the characters were placed in crazy situations and as readers, all we can do is just sit in anticipation wondering what in the world could happen next. And I didn’t even realize how late it was until I heard my family getting ready for work LOL
2. Suffered Back Pain – Nope. You didn’t misread, this did happen recently while I was reading Hunting Prince Dracula. I think the hardest thing to do while reading is finding a good reading position. Ahem. . .it’s pretty obvious that I didn’t really find mine. My usual reading spot is on my bed and I was pretty addicted to my book so I didn’t really pay attention to anything else. Which is why I woke up to a severe back pain in the morning. *slow motion clap*
3. Read at Work – Ok, so hear me out! I have a logical reason for this, I swear! You know when you are reading a novel and every single time we have those darn cliffhanger endings? That was the case for this reason. So whenever I had a break or when my coworkers would want to go out for lunch, I would stay with my novel on my desk, determined to finish a couple of chapters . . . . That didn’t really sound convincing. But you get my point right?
4. Nearly broke down when my book covers don’t match – Yes, I am that person LOL Maybe I’m being a little over dramatic, but I do like to keep my shelves organized and it can be frustrating when I do spot a cover change T_T
5. Brought books to vacation just in case – Well . . . you never know when you might need it right? Who am I kidding? With my family, there is barely enough time to sleep when I am on vacation so when will I even find the time to read? And despite knowing this, I still bring a couple books in my suitcase!
6. Glared when people try to talk to me when I am reading – Just to clarify, this tends to happen with people I know and not with strangers haha Even if I purposely place myself in seclusion to read my novel, someone would think this is the perfect opportunity to start a conversation and ask questions about something I do not particularly have any interest in. Of all times, WHY NOW???
7. Bought an extra a copy of the book in Hard Cover so my series are uniform – Hey now, don’t give that look. I’m sure this happens to the best of us . . . . In my case, this was because my Falling Kingdom series were all in hardcover except the first book so when I found the first book in hardcover in a local book sale, I immediately grabbed it!
8. Forgot to Turn the Stove Off – Let’s face it. Sometimes we are just a little too invested in our books. A similar situation happened to me when I was heating up milk on the stove and it ended up overflowing and creating a mess . . . my Mom was not happy hehehe Not sure what gif to use for this one soooo:
9. The amount of hours I spend working on my blog – As bloggers, it is necessary for us to be consistent with our posts and network with other bloggers in order to learn and grow our own blog. Long story short – It takes a lot of effort and time to maintain a blog and I feel like I am constantly preparing posts or scheduling times on my calendar on when to release my final drafts.
10. Hiding books from the FAM – So there was a period of time where I did not own bookshelves so a lot of my books were just scattered all over my room. And whenever my parents would saunter in, they would often give a look of clear judgement. So when I noticed my collection was growing, I did what any logical person would do – I “cleaned” up by hiding a couple in my closet or dresser. I mean. . . what are you going to do?
I hope you all enjoyed this post, I had so much fun writing this. Any of you done outrageous things for the love of books? And if you completed the Top Ten prompt for this week, link it below and I will check it out! 🙂
Until next time, keep reading and I will see you all soon with another bookish post!