Hello everyone! Hope your week is going well! We are more than half way through the year already! Can you believe that? My July reading was not so great but I am hoping to catch up this month haha So far, I seem to be on schedule with my Good reads goal – completed 27 out of 40 books. So without further ado, lets get to the list:
5. Orange: The Complete Collection by Ichigo Takano
– The most cutest and heart wrenching thing I have ever read; I was recommended this manga through a few reviews and I absolutely loved it. It does have that comedic humor we see in these types of literature but there was a deeper message behind it and it was so refreshing to read. I will have a review on this soon! 🙂
4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Braken
– This was just an amazing start to a fabulous series. I absolutely loved everything from the plot line, the setting, and the characters! If you are looking for a great dystopian read, I definitely think you should give this one a try. If you would like a more in depth, spoiler free review, check it out HERE
3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
– One word to describe this would be BRILLIANT. This was just beautifully written and even though the characters are flawed, the writer does a fabulous job of making you feel for them. The premise of this book was so intriguing it automatically captured my attention: Outlaws trying to pull of an impossible heist. Who wouldn’t want to read that? Check out my review HERE 🙂
2. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
– This book kept me up until 4AM. Yes, 4AM. I read this in one sitting. That was how dangerously addictive this book was. As soon as I started reading, the story just takes off and there is never one dull moment. There is just so much action mixed with a thrilling and captivating story, it’s just too much of an awesome read! You can read a more in-depth review on my blog HERE
1. The Lunar Chronicles By Marissa Meyer
– It’s official. This has become one of my favorite series of all time (after Harry Potter of course). I just loved how Marissa Meyer crafted this story as a fairy tale re-telling but with a scifi twist. How cool is that? All the characters in the stories were amazing in their unique way. Brave Cinder, Fiery Scarlet, Sweet Cress, and Crazy Winter lol I adore each and everyone of them. Plus, Cress and Thorne are relationship goals! 🙂 Definitely check out my blog for their individual reviews!
How about you guys? Do you have a top 5 of the year so far? Let me know in the comments below?